Many homeowners forget to check on their roof unless there is an issue, but do you know the signs you need a new roof? While obvious water damage indicates a new roof is needed, sometimes more subtle troubles like interior decay, missing shingles, and even invasive plants like moss can all be indicators that it is time to consider roof replacement. But don’t wait until there are holes in the ceiling before calling a professional. Keep an eye out for these 5 signs that you need a new roof and get in contact with a roofing professional if you notice any issues!
Tell-Tale Signs You Need A New Roof:
- Interior leaking – From small to large leaks, at the first sign of water damage, it is best to call professionals like Roofwell because this is a clear indication that you are experiencing a roofing issue and may need to replace your roof to protect your home from more serious damage.
- Sagging Ceilings – Even if water damage is not evident yet, sagging ceilings and roofs can be a sign of moisture buildup. If the surface can be reached and feels soggy or soft, it is likely that your roof isn’t performing as it should and may need to be replaced.
- Your Roof Is Old – Generally, if your roof exceeds 20 years of age, professionals recommend replacing your roof. Roofwell offers free inspections to help you determine what your roof needs, and when.
- Missing or Broken Shingles – With the northern Georgia area experiencing a significant amount of severe weather, missing or broken shingles are common, and a good sign you need a new roof to avoid more damage to the home from inadequate protection.
- Visible Moss or Wildlife Damage – Roofs brave the elements daily, and that includes natural elements. Plants like moss can grow and retain extra moisture, and critters like squirrels or bugs can wreak havoc on a roof.
While these 5 signs may suggest that you need a new roof, it is best to consult with a professional like those at Roofwell to help you better understand the condition of your roof, and what it needs. Schedule a free consultation today, and find out how Roofwell can help you!
Roofwell’s Expert Team Provides Benefits Including:
- 40+ years of local knowledge and experienced
- Competitive cost structures that minimize your expenses while maximizing quality
- Highest quality roofing materials in the business
- Highly skilled craftsmen
- Veteran owned and operated local experts
- Insurance advocacy – Roofwell will work with insurance companies on your behalf to maximize the value of your policy
- Free, honest, in-depth roof inspections
Contact Roofwell Here to schedule a free inspection or get in touch with roofing experts in your area today!