The national average life span of a roof is 12-15 years, but how long does a roof last in Georgia? Many factors contribute to the durability and life span of a roof including climate, sun exposure, shingle quality, and even roof maintenance. Additionally, what material your roof is can have a significant impact on its longevity. It is crucial for homeowners to be aware of the condition of their roof and receive maintenance or a replacement for their roof to keep their home safe and protected from the elements. Learn more about the different types of roofs, and their life expectancy based on Georgia’s climate, sun exposure, and more.
Different Roof Types and Life Spans:
- Asphalt Shingles: Asphalt shingles are among the most common roof types, and typically come in either architectural or three-slab shingles. They are the most widely available and provide cost-effective support. Both types can last anywhere from 15 to 30 years but with Georgia’s heavy storms, high heat, and humidity, the chances for shingles becoming damaged or broken increases. Roofwell’s shingles also come with a 20 to 25-year warranty in addition to algae fighting technology.
- Metal Roofs: While metal roofs eliminate the problem of torn shingles, they are often significantly more expensive and come with issues like noisiness, rust, and corrosion. Additional materials are also often required to prevent noisiness with metal roofs, which increases cost.
- Wood Shingles: Wooden shingles may offer aesthetic satisfaction, but like metal roofs, they are significantly pricier. Additionally, homeowners need to take caution with wood shingles and perform routine preventative maintenance to ensure no mold, moss, or other fungi become trapped. Wood shingles are also more susceptible to fire and are typically more vulnerable to leaking than other materials.
Every roof is unique and made of different materials, and requires different maintenance. Roofwell’s professionals are trained in providing quality inspections for your home and your roof, with extensive expertise in the southern region and roofing conditions in heat, humidity, and areas with a high volume of storms.
Benefits of Working With Roofwell:
- 40 Years of In-Depth Professional Experience
- Free Roof Inspections
- Veteran Owned and Operated
- Highly Trained Craftsmen with Extensive Roofing Knowledge
- Expert Workmanship with Quality Assured Materials
- Local Experts that are Cost Conscious and Understand Your Needs
- Unmatched Customer Service
- Expert Insurance Negotiation To Maximize Your Claim
How long does a roof last in Georgia? Let The Experts Help Determine The Life Span Of Your Roof!
Roofing is complicated and roofing needs depend on many factors from one area to the next. If you think it may be time for a new roof, contact Roofwell here to schedule a free inspection and get a quote from trusted professionals!